Happy Friday! A big thank you to everyone who stopped by the shop for Black Friday last week! We hope everyone enjoyed a great Thanksgiving holiday weekend with family and friends. Last week was Jason's last day with us here at the shop. A great opportunity presented itself to him, and we wish him all the best! We will miss his work ethic, his willingness to help out with whatever is needed, and his fantastic sense of humor. Thank you for giving 110% each and every day that you were here. We'll miss you, Jason! Need a set of wheels? We've got a set of 4 wheels for sale suitable for an e36 or e46, measuring 16x7.5 ET35. If these will work for your bimmer, give us a call at 317.773.0074.
A 2002 Mini Cooper S cruised its way into the shop this week. She had her power steering hoses and reservoir replaced.
I've always loved the Mini Cooper. Not only are they fun to drive (I got to auto-cross our Mini a few years back!), but they are a ton of fun to photograph. They have so much personality, in my opinion.
Reggie replaced the steering coupler and an oxygen sensor in this 1997 BMW 328i:
The new steering coupler:
The Baur was sitting in some cool light, so I just had to take a quick photo! She'll be put away soon for the winter. She had some great trips this year, especially to The Vintage
in North Carolina!
This beautiful Boston Green Metallic 1998 BMW M3 came to the shop for a little work, including a brake fluid flush, adjusting the fitment of the glove box, and reading and clearing some airbag codes.
This bimmer had been repainted its original color, and the body shop had incorrectly spaced the M3 badge, as seen below:
Reggie removed the badge and the old adhesive:
Next, he did some wet-sanding and buffing so that there would be no trace of the previous placement of the badge:
Using three different buffing pads, he gently buffed the area to achieve the desired result:
Then it was time to outline the proper placement of the coveted M3 badge:
Once Reggie was satisfied with the measurements, it was time to apply 3M 2-sided tape to the back of the M and 3. He then applied the 3:
Then the M after accounting for the proper space in between:
He carefully removed any adhesive that peeked out from the edges:
And here's the result:
We'll be back with more next week! Have a great weekend!